- Heredity: Everyone believes in it until their children act like fools!
- I trace my family history so I will know who to blame.
- Genealogy: A hay stack full of needles. It's the threads I need.
- A family reunion is an effective form of birth control
- Old genealogists never die, they just lose their census
- So many ancestors...so little time!
- Whoever said "seek and ye shall find" was NOT a genealogist
Top 10 Indicators that you've become a GENE-AHOLIC - Author unknown
- You introduce your daughter as your descendent.
- You've never met any of the people you send e-mail to, even though you're related.
- You can recite your lineage back eight generations, but can't remember your nephew's name.
- You have more photographs of dead people than living ones.
- You've ever taken a tape recorder and/or notebook to a family reunion.
- You've not only read the latest GEDCOM standard, but also you understand it.
- The local genealogy society borrows books from you.
- The only film you've seen in the last year was the 1880 census index.
- More than half of your CD collection is made up of marriage records or pedigrees.
- Your elusive ancestor has been spotted in more different places than Elvis!