Wednesday, January 27, 2010

..and settling in after the Expo and the Move

I want to thank y'all for following me to the "new and improved" 'Pool.'  I hope to accomplish much in the way of research, learning and hopefully helping others the way others have helped me. 

I wanted to touch base on the trip to the Family History Expo in Mesa this past weekend.  It was my first "event" and I had a blast.  I met some awesome folks and learned some new things as well.  I think that the most important thing I learned is that there is a whole lot of flexibility in the Genealogy community and that everything is not hard and fast and cookie cutter-ish.  Mucho Fun and Excitment.

I have been boring my co-workers at the "day job" to death with my recent obsession with genealogy (I say recent, it's not...I've been working on my own tree since I was 18 (which was *cough* twentyoneyearsagoholycowdidIjusttelleveryonemyage?).  Most recently was the desire to do more, to research more,  and to just plain learn more.  In any case, I was challenged today by one of the guys I work with to research his history.  I say challenged because his paternal line is from the Middle East, and his Maternal line is Swedish.  I think (and I'm not 100% sure, but I think) that his thought process is that with the current political climate in the state that it is, there is not a lot, if any middle eastern resources available online for genealogy.  I hope there is SOME out there because I got cocky and told him that while it would be challanging, it wasn't insurmountable.  What WAS I thinking?

I should probably learn to keep my dang mouth shut more.  But the reality is that I just can't quit from a challange.  It may take me a while...but eventually I'll find something. 

I hope.

That's it for now...if you have the time, let me know what you think of the way I have the 'Pool' set up...any thoughts or feedback is appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment