Monday, March 29, 2010

...and fighting Monday Madness

I had intended to express my frustation at not being able to locate my Great-Great Grandfather Clarence Albert Purcell on the 1880 Census, or anything else...Or the fact that I can't connect Henry Shoup to Jacob Shoup...

It didn't dawn on me that until I was beating my head against a wall adding information from a census record that I was positive I had already added, that I had Clarence Purcell listed Not once, Not Twice but THREE times.  And I had family attached to all three instances.

Oy vey.  My solution was of course to merge duplicate people in the program (FTM) but then the duplicates that were being pulled up by the program, while valid duplicates that needed to be merged, were not Clarence Purcell.

Needless to say, I spent the next hour getting rid of the duplicates, which entailed making myself as the home person in the file and then deleting any duplicates that indicated "no direct relationship to" myself.

So for this week, the family nut case (C'est Moi)..is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment