Sunday, January 23, 2011

..and wooping it up at the Arizona Family History Expo, Part 1

So for those of you not playing the home game...and who haven't been laughing at me when I act like a goofball for the past three months....this weekend was the Family History Expo in Mesa, Arizona. This was the second year that I was able to go, and the first year I was invited to be a Blogger of Honor.

If you have even a minor interest in researching your family history or wanting to indulge in a genealogical obsession AND you are presented with a chance to attend any of the Family History Expos, go. Seriously, just go. You won't regret it. You will meet a variety of Genea-folk out there from the beginners with a passing interest to die-hards who have been to every event in the past several years.

This year I took my 23 year old daughter to the Expo, as my hubby was not able to make the trip. We rented a car on Thursday and woke up at 4 am to drive up from Tucson to Mesa. We arrived in time to listen to the Keynote address by Lisa Cooke...really enjoyed the address. I stayed behind a bit to introduce myself to Holly Hanson....

From there it was time to make my way to the Exhibition hall to the "Bloghouse"...but more on that tomorrow. Stay tuned for another post on my experience at the Family History Expo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment